City of Los Angeles - Separation Incentive Program (SIP)
The City Council has approved a Separation Incentive Program (SIP) that offers a cash payment to eligible City employees to retire. Information regarding the SIP is available in the Letters of Agreement linked below. To apply for the SIP program, please complete the SIP Application and Employee Agreement linked below.
The SIP will have a single application period taking place from July 6, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. and will close on August 3, 2020, at 3:00 p.m.
Individuals may rescind a SIP application by 3:00 p.m. of the day which falls seven (7) business days after they have submitted a completed SIP application, but in no event later than 3:00 p.m. on August 10, 2020.
How To Turn In SIP Materials
Employees must apply for the SIP between July 6, 2020, and August 3, 2020. The deadline for SIP filing is 3:00 p.m. on August 3, 2020.
Completed, signed forms may be submitted in one of three ways:
- Emailed to CityofLASIP@lacity.org
- Delivered via US Certified Mail to:
- City of Los Angeles Office of the CAO, Employee Relations Division
- James Kenneth Hahn, City Hall East
- 200 N Main Street, Suite 1200
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Attn: Dana Brown, Chief Labor Relations Officer
- Returned in person to the reception counter at the James Kenneth Hahn City Hall East Building, 200 N Main Street, Suite 1200, Los Angeles, CA, 90012. The reception area is open between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays).
Letters of Agreement (LOA)
- LOA for Service Employee International Union, Local 721 (SEIU)
- LOA for Los Angeles Professional Managers Association (LAPMA)
- LOA for All City Employees Association, Council 36 (AFSCME)
- LOA for Los Angeles/Orange Counties Building and Construction Trades Council
- LOA for Laborers International Union of North America (LIUNA)
- LOA for Engineers and Architects Association (EAA)
- LOA for Municipal Construction Inspectors Association (MCIA)
- LOA for Los Angeles City Attorneys Association (LACAA)
- LOA for International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 501
- LOA for Los Angeles City Attorneys Management Association
- LOA for Fiscal and Policy Professionals Association (FPPA)
Important Employee Benefits Information
Additional information regarding SIP can be found in the links listed below: