City of Los Angeles - Separation Incentive Program (SIP)
On September 2, 2020, the City Council adopted an amendment to the Separation Incentive Plan. The amendment did three things:
- Removed the 1300 participant threshold to allow the program to move forward with less than 1300 participants;
- Allowed an additional 3-day rescission period for those who have already applied but now wish to rescind even though the original rescission period has passed;
- Allowed an additional 2-week period for enrollment to those who have yet to enroll.
The SIP will re-open enrollment to eligible employees for a two-week period beginning September 8, 2020, at 9 a.m. and ending September 22, 2020, at 3 p.m. Eligible employees are defined consistent with the original SIP agreement. Newly enrolling employees shall be permitted to rescind SIP applications filed during this two week enrollment by 3:00 p.m. of the day which falls seven (7) business days after they have submitted a completed SIP application, but in no event later than 3:00 PM on September 29, 2020. Employees who have already enrolled in the SIP do not need to re-enroll.
Employees who have already enrolled in the SIP during the original enrollment period will be allowed to rescind SIP applications from Tuesday, September 8, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. through Thursday, September 10, 2020, at 3:00 p.m. A separate communication will be sent to these employees from the CAO with details related to that rescission period.
Employees must apply for the SIP between September 8, 2020 at 9 a.m. and September 22, 2020 at 3 p.m.
Completed, signed forms may be submitted in one of three ways:
- Emailed to CityofLASIP@lacity.org
- Delivered via US Certified Mail to:
- City of Los Angeles Office of the CAO, Employee Relations Division
- James Kenneth Hahn, City Hall East
- 200 N Main Street, Suite 1200
- Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Attn: Dana Brown, Chief Labor Relations Officer
- Returned in person to the reception counter at the James Kenneth Hahn City Hall East Building, 200 N Main Street, Suite 1200, Los Angeles, CA, 90012. The reception area is open between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays).
Important Employee Benefits Information
Additional information regarding SIP can be found in the links listed below: